All Lucinda Ellery US locations are running normally.
14th May 2020
We are delighted to announce that we have been granted "essential service" status for our New York and Los Angeles studios. New York is opening today - 14th May - and Los Angeles is opening from 16th May.
They will be open on a limited service basis to begin with, and as yet it's not completely clear just what that will mean, but we'll keep you up to date with anything we learn. Please bear with us as we get used to the practicalities of what we can do in this context.
In preparation for this reopening we have prepared a safety protocol for clients and staff.
- Please can we ask all clients use a face covering (cover mouth and nose) and gloves when entering our locations and use them at all times inside the studio.
- We ask all clients agree to have their temperature taken using an Infrared device and anyone with a temperature higher then 37.8C and or a cough will need to reschedule their appointment.
- We will not have waiting facilities for clients or guests at this time and ask clients wait outside until we are ready for their appointment. We will also ask clients to please leave the studio at the end of the appointment without delay.
- We will be suspending our drinks service until further notice however, we will have water and disposable cups available.
- Clients will be asked to fill in a short questionnaire on arrival asking if they have been in known contact with anyone who has tested positive for Covid 19 or experienced any symptoms themselves in the last 14 days, if so they will be asked to reschedule their appointment.
- We will be following Government guidelines and seating clients 2m apart or use screens where necessary.
- We will not be able to offer any non-essential complimentary styling during our reopening period until further notice.
Our studio staff will be required to wear face covering at all times and wear gloves wherever possible. We will also provide face shields for studio staff when working close to clients' faces.
We look forward to seeing you all soon.
27th April 2020
While there is some cautious hope that the crisis may have passed its peak and some states are making provisional plans that might enable a partial re-opening in some sectors - once there has been a continuous drop in infection rates for 14 days -, the situation is still very uncertain as to when companies like ourselves may be able to resume operations.
At present both New York and California remain in lockdown and our studios there must remain closed. We will make every effort to reopen as soon as we're allowed to, but accurate planning is impossible until we have more definite information from government and can see how many of our staff are able to travel to work.
In the meantime we've just uploaded a new video giving advice on how to manage your hair until we can welcome you back.
15th April 2020
We have been inundated with emails from our amazing clients both in the UK and USA with questions regarding how we will reopen, when will we reopen and in what capacity we will reopen.
The answer is we do not know at this time. We, like the rest of the globe are at the mercy of the virus and world leaders as to how and when everything will re open.
We will of course publish both on our website and social media as soon as we know a plan and when we can resume business as normal.
We are all together in this and are as eager as you are to resume some kind of of normalcy and to continue giving our clients amazing hair!!
For tips on how to manage your hair over this time please see our dedicated corona virus page where we have videos and details of how to secure your system. For live support please join our Facebook group 'Lucinda Ellery Lovelies' where our clients are super active sharing tips and keeping morale high!
We wish all our clients the best health and safety in this time and we look forward to seeing you all very soon!!!
**please feel free to email us at email@example.com for additional questions but please note we cannot rearrange appointments until we have an affirmative reopening date**
2nd April 2020
Due to the extension of shelter in place orders in all LA, NYC and Boston we will not be able to resume normal opening hours until 30th April at the earliest. This may also get extended if the governors state therefore we will be sure to keep you updated as soon as we know.
We know that many of you will be keen to get appointments quickly and we will do our very best to accommodate everyone as soon as possible by opening extra days. Thank you for bearing with us through these unprecedented times and we hope you are staying safe and well.
Please call us on 212 359 1641 or email firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any further questions.
20th of March 2020
We've added some tips for Intralace users who are in isolation and cannot access their usual maintenance appointments. Now includes a video on how to use Kirby grips/bobby pins to best effect to keep the Intralace secure.
17th of March 2020
Lucinda Ellery - Beverly Hills and New York City locations are now both closed due to the Corona Virus. We are keeping a close eye on developments and will reopen as soon as possible. We will next provide an update on the 1st of April.